43. Surah Az-Zukhruf - The Ornaments of Gold (سورة الزخرف)
Arabic Quran Recitation
English Quran Recitation
English and Arabic Quran Recitation
- Wal Kitaabil Mubeen
- Innaa ja'alnaahu Quraanan 'Arabiyyal la'allakum ta'qiloon
- Wa innahoo feee Ummil Kitaabi Ladainaa la'aliyyun hakeem
- Afanadribu 'ankumuz Zikra safhan an kuntum qawmam musrifeen
- Wa kam arsalnaa min Nabiyyin fil awwaleen
- Wa maa yaateehim min Nabiyyin illaa kaanoo bihee yasahzi'oon
- Fa ahlaknaaa ashadda minhum batshanw wa madaa masalul awwaleen
- Wa la'in sa altahum man khalaqas samaawaati wal arda la yaqoolunna khalaqa hunnal 'Azeezul 'Aleem
- Allazee ja'ala lakumul arda mahdanw wa ja'ala lakum feehaa subulal la'allakum tahtadoon
- Wallazee nazzala minas samaaa'i maaa'am biqadarin fa anshanaa bihee baldatam maitaa' kazaalika tukhrajoon
- Wallazee khalaqal azwaaja kullahaa wa ja'ala lakum minal fulki wal-an'aami maa tarkaboon
- Litastawoo 'alaa zuhoorihee summa tazkuroo ni'mata Rabbikum izastawaitum 'alaihi wa taqooloo Subhaanal lazee sakhkhara lana haaza wa maa kunnaa lahoo muqrineen
- Wa innaaa ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon
- Wa ja'aloo lahoo min 'ibaadihee juz'aa; innal insaana lakafoorum mubeen (section 1)
- Amit takhaza mimmaa yakhluqu banaatinw wa asfaakum bilbaneen
- Wa izaa bushshira ahaduhum bimaa daraba lir Rahmaani masalan zalla wajhuhoo muswaddanw wa hua kazeem
- Awa mai yunashsha'u fil hilyati wa huwa fil khisaami ghairu mubeen
- Wa ja'alul malaaa'ikatal lazeena hum 'ibaadur Rahmaani inaasaa; a shahidoo khalaqhum; satuktabu shahaa datuhum wa yus'aloon
- Wa qaaloo law shaaa'ar Rahmaanu maa 'abadnaahum; maa lahum bizaalika min 'ilmin in hum illaa yakhrusoon
- Am aatainaahum Kitaabam min qablihee fahum bihee mustamsikoon
- Bal qaalooo innaa wajadnaaa aabaaa'anaa 'alaaa ummatinw wa innaa 'alaaa aasaarihim muhtadoon
- Wa kazaalika maaa arsalnaa min qablika fee qaryatim min nazeerin illaa qaala mutrafoohaaa innaa wajadnaaa aabaaa'anaa 'alaaa ummatinw wa innaa 'alaaa aasaarihim muqtadoon
- Qaala awa law ji'tukum bi ahdaa mimmaa wajattum 'alaihi aabaaa'akum qaalooo innaa bimaaa ursiltum bihee kaafiroon
- Fantaqamnaa minhum fanzur kaifa kaana 'aaqibatul mukazzibeen (section 2)
- Wa iz qaala Ibraaheemu liabeehi wa qawmiheee innane baraaa'um mimmaa ta'budo
- Illal lazee fataranee innahoo sa yahdeen
- Wa ja'alahaa Kalimatam baaqiyatan fee 'aqibihee la'al lahum yarji'oon
- Bal matta'tu haaa'ulaaa'i wa aabaaa'ahum hattaa jaaa'a humul haqqu wa Rasoolum mubeen
- Wa lammaa jaaa'ahumul haqqu qaaloo haazaa sihrunw wa innaa bihee kaafiroon
- Wa qaaloo law laa nuzzila haazal Quraanu 'alaa rajulim minal qaryataini 'azeem
- Ahum yaqsimoona rahmata Rabbik; Nahnu qasamnaa bainahum ma'eeshatahum fil hayaatid dunyaa wa rafa'naa ba'dahum fawqa ba'din darajaatil liyattakhiza ba'duhum ba'dan sukhriyyaa; wa rahmatu Rabbika khairum mimmaa yajma'oon
- Wa law laaa any yakoonan naasu ummatanw waahidatal laja'alnaa limany yakfuru bir Rahmaani libu yootihim suqufam min fiddatinw wa ma'aarija 'alaihaa yazharoon
- Wa libu yootihim abwaabanw wa sururan 'alaihaa yattaki'oon
- Wa zukhrufaa; wa in kullu zaalika lammaa mataa'ul hayaatid dunyaa; wal aakhiratu 'inda Rabbika lilmuttaqeen (section 3)
- Wa mai ya'shu 'an zikrir Rahmaani nuqaiyid lahoo Shaitaanan fahuwa lahoo qareen
- Wa innahum la yasuddoo nahum 'anis sabeeli wa yahsaboona annahum muhtadoon
- Hattaaa izaa jaaa'anaa qaala yaa laita bainee wa bainaka bu'dal mashriqaini fabi'sal qareen
- Wa lai yanfa'akumul Yawma iz zalamtum annakum fil 'azaabi mushtarikoon
- Afa anta tusmi'us summa aw tahdil 'umya wa man kaana fee dalaalim mubeen
- Fa immaa nazhabanna bika fa innaa minhum muntaqimoon
- Aw nuriyannakal lazee wa'adnaahum fa innaa 'alaihim muqtadiroon
- Fastamsik billazeee oohi ya ilaika innaka 'alaa Siraatim Mustaqeem
- Wa innahoo lazikrul laka wa liqawmika wa sawfa tus'aloon
- Was'al man arsalnaa min qablika mir Rusulinaaa aja'alnaa min doonir Rahmaani aalihatany yu badoon (section 4)
- Wa laqad arsalnaa Moosaa bi aayaatinaaa ilaa Fir'awna wa mala'ihee faqaala innee Rasoolu Rabbil 'aalameen
- Falammma jaaa'ahum bi aayaatinaaa izaa hum minhaa yadhakoon
- Wa maa nureehim min aayatin illaa hiya akbaru min ukhtihaa wa akhaznaahum bil'azaabi la'allahum yarji'oon
- Wa qaaloo yaaa ayyuhas saahirud'u lanaa Rabbaka bimaa 'ahida 'indaka innanaa lamuhtadoon
- Falammaa kashafnaa 'anhumul 'azaaba izaa hum yankusoon
- Wa naadaa Fir'awnu fee qawmihee qaala yaa qawmi alaisa lee mulku Misra wa haazihil anhaaru tajree min tahtee afalaa tubsiroon
- Am ana khairum min haazal lazee huwa maheenunw wa laa yuakaadu yubeen
- Falaw laa ulqiya 'alaihi aswiratum min zahabin awjaaa'a ma'ahul malaaa'ikatu muqtarineen
- Fastakhaffa qawmahoo fa ataa'ooh; innahum kaanoo qawman faasiqeen
- Falammaaa aasafoonan taqamnaa minhum fa aghraqnaahum ajma'een
- Faja'alnaahum salafanw wa masalal lil aakhireen (section 5)
- Wa lammaa duribab nu Maryama masalan izaa qawmu ka minhu yasidoon
- Wa qaalooo 'a-aalihatunaa khairun am hoo; maa daraboohu laka illaa jadalaa; balhum qawmun khasimoon
- In huwa illaa 'abdun an'amnaa 'alaihi wa ja'alnaahu masalal li Baneee Israaa'eel
- Wa law nashaaa'u laja'alnaa minkum malaaa'ikatan fil ardi yakhlufoon
- Wa innahoo la'ilmul lis Saa'ati fala tamtarunna bihaa wattabi'oon; haazaa Siraatum Mustaqeem
- Wa laa yasuddan nakumush Shaitaanu innahoo lakum 'aduwwum mubeen
- Wa lammaa jaaa'a 'Eesaa bilbaiyinaati qaala qad ji'tukum bil Hikmati wa li-ubaiyina lakum ba'dal lazee takhtalifoona feehi fattaqul laaha wa atee'oon
- Innal laaha Huwa Rabbee wa Rabbukum fa'budooh; haaza Siraatum Mustaqeem
- Fakhtalafal ahzaabu mim bainihim fawailul lillazeena zalamoo min 'azaabi Yawmin aleem
- Hal yanzuroona illas Saa'ata an taatiyahum baghtatanw wa hum laa yash'uroon
- Al akhillaaa'u Yawma'izim ba'duhum liba'din 'aduwwun illal muttaqeen (section 6)
- Yaa 'ibaadi laa khawfun 'alaikumul Yawma wa laaa antum tahzanoon
- Allazeena aamanoo bi Aayaatinaa wa kaanoo muslimeen
- Udkhulul Jannata antum wa azwaajukum tuhbaroon
- Yutaafu 'alaihim bishaa fim min zahabinw wa akwaab, wa feehaa maatashtaheehil anfusu wa talazzul a'yunu wa antum feehaa khaalidoon
- Wa tilkal jannatul lateee ooristumoohaa bimaa kuntum ta'maloon
- Lakum feehaa faakihatun kaseeratum minhaa taakuloon
- Innal mujrimeena fee 'azaabi jahannama khaalidoon
- Laa yufattaru 'anhum wa hum feehi mublisoon
- Wa maa zalamnaahum wa laakin kaanoo humuz zaalimeen
- Wa naadaw yaa Maaliku liyaqdi 'alainaa Rabbuka qaala innakum maakissoon
- Laqad ji'naakum bilhaqqi wa laakinna aksarakum lilhaqqi kaarihoon
- Am abramooo amran fainnaa mubrimoon
- Am yahsaboona annaa laa nasma'u sirrahum wa najwaahum; balaa wa Rusulunaa ladaihim yaktuboon
- Qul in kaana lir Rahmaani walad; fa-ana awwalul 'aabideen
- Subhaana Rabbis samaawaati wal ardi Rabbil Arshi 'ammaa yasifoon
- Fazarhum yakhoodoo wa yal'aboo hattaa yulaaqoo Yawmahumul lazee yoo'adoon
- Wa Huwal lazee fissamaaa'i Ilaahunw wa fil ardi Ilaah; wa Huwal Hakeemul'Aleem
- Wa tabaarakal lazee lahoo mulkus samaawaati wal ardi wa maa bainahumaa wa 'indahoo 'ilmus Saa'ati wa ilaihi turja'oon
- Wa laa yamlikul lazeena yad'oona min doonihish shafaa'ata illaa man shahida bilhaqqi wa hum ya'lamoon
- Wa la'in sa altahum man khalaqahum la yaqoolun nallaahu fa annaa yu'fakoon
- Wa qeelihee yaa Rabbi inna haa'ulaaa'i qawmul laa yu'minoon
- Fasfah 'anhum wa qul salaam; fasawfa ya'lamoon (section 7)
- By the Book that makes things clear,-
- We have made it a Qur´an in Arabic, that ye may be able to understand (and learn wisdom).
- And verily, it is in the Mother of the Book, in Our Presence, high (in dignity), full of wisdom.
- Shall We then take away the Message from you and repel (you), for that ye are a people transgressing beyond bounds?
- But how many were the prophets We sent amongst the peoples of old?
- And never came there a prophet to them but they mocked him.
- So We destroyed (them)- stronger in power than these;- and (thus) has passed on the Parable of the peoples of old.
- If thou wert to question them, ´Who created the heavens and the earth?´ They would be sure to reply, ´they were created by (Him), the Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge´;-
- (Yea, the same that) has made for you the earth (like a carpet) spread out, and has made for you roads (and channels) therein, in order that ye may find guidance (on the way);
- That sends down (from time to time) rain from the sky in due measure;- and We raise to life therewith a land that is dead; even so will ye be raised (from the dead);-
- That has created pairs in all things, and has made for you ships and cattle on which ye ride,
- In order that ye may sit firm and square on their backs, and when so seated, ye may celebrate the (kind) favour of your Lord, and say, "Glory to Him Who has subjected these to our (use), for we could never have accomplished this (by ourselves),
- "And to our Lord, surely, must we turn back!"
- Yet they attribute to some of His servants a share with Him (in his godhead)! truly is man a blasphemous ingrate avowed!
- What! has He taken daughters out of what He himself creates, and granted to you sons for choice?
- When news is brought to one of them of (the birth of) what he sets up as a likeness to (Allah) Most Gracious, his face darkens, and he is filled with inward grief!
- Is then one brought up among trinkets, and unable to give a clear account in a dispute (to be associated with Allah)?
- And they make into females angels who themselves serve Allah. Did they witness their creation? Their evidence will be recorded, and they will be called to account!
- ("Ah!") they say, "If it had been the will of (Allah) Most Gracious, we should not have worshipped such (deities)!" Of that they have no knowledge! they do nothing but lie!
- What! have We given them a Book before this, to which they are holding fast?
- Nay! they say: "We found our fathers following a certain religion, and we do guide ourselves by their footsteps."
- Just in the same way, whenever We sent a Warner before thee to any people, the wealthy ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain religion, and we will certainly follow in their footsteps."
- He said: "What! Even if I brought you better guidance than that which ye found your fathers following?" They said: "For us, we deny that ye (prophets) are sent (on a mission at all)."
- So We exacted retribution from them: now see what was the end of those who rejected (Truth)!
- Behold! Abraham said to his father and his people: "I do indeed clear myself of what ye worship:
- "(I worship) only Him Who made me, and He will certainly guide me."
- And he left it as a Word to endure among those who came after him, that they may turn back (to Allah).
- Yea, I have given the good things of this life to these (men) and their fathers, until the Truth has come to them, and a messenger making things clear.
- But when the Truth came to them, they said: "This is sorcery, and we do reject it."
- Also, they say: "Why is not this Qur´an sent down to some leading man in either of the two (chief) cities?"
- Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of thy Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world: and We raise some of them above others in ranks, so that some may command work from others. But the Mercy of thy Lord is better than the (wealth) which they amass.
- And were it not that (all) men might become of one (evil) way of life, We would provide, for everyone that blasphemes against (Allah) Most Gracious, silver roofs for their houses and (silver) stair-ways on which to go up,
- And (silver) doors to their houses, and thrones (of silver) on which they could recline,
- And also adornments of gold. But all this were nothing but conveniences of the present life: The Hereafter, in the sight of thy Lord is for the Righteous.
- If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of (Allah) Most Gracious, We appoint for him an evil one, to be an intimate companion to him.
- Such (evil ones) really hinder them from the Path, but they think that they are being guided aright!
- At length, when (such a one) comes to Us, he says (to his evil companion): "Would that between me and thee were the distance of East and West!" Ah! evil is the companion (indeed)!
- When ye have done wrong, it will avail you nothing, that Day, that ye shall be partners in Punishment!
- Canst thou then make the deaf to hear, or give direction to the blind or to such as (wander) in manifest error?
- Even if We take thee away, We shall be sure to exact retribution from them,
- Or We shall show thee that (accomplished) which We have promised them: for verily We shall prevail over them.
- So hold thou fast to the Revelation sent down to thee; verily thou art on a Straight Way.
- The (Qur´an) is indeed the message, for thee and for thy people; and soon shall ye (all) be brought to account.
- And question thou our messengers whom We sent before thee; did We appoint any deities other than (Allah) Most Gracious, to be worshipped?
- We did send Moses aforetime, with Our Signs, to Pharaoh and his Chiefs: He said, "I am a messenger of the Lord of the Worlds."
- But when he came to them with Our Signs, behold they ridiculed them.
- We showed them Sign after Sign, each greater than its fellow, and We seized them with Punishment, in order that they might turn (to Us).
- And they said, "O thou sorcerer! Invoke thy Lord for us according to His covenant with thee; for we shall truly accept guidance."
- But when We removed the Penalty from them, behold, they broke their word.
- And Pharaoh proclaimed among his people, saying: "O my people! Does not the dominion of Egypt belong to me, (witness) these streams flowing underneath my (palace)? What! see ye not then?
- "Am I not better than this (Moses), who is a contemptible wretch and can scarcely express himself clearly?
- "Then why are not gold bracelets bestowed on him, or (why) come (not) with him angels accompanying him in procession?"
- Thus did he make fools of his people, and they obeyed him: truly were they a people rebellious (against Allah).
- When at length they provoked Us, We exacted retribution from them, and We drowned them all.
- And We made them (a people) of the Past and an Example to later ages.
- When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
- And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
- He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel.
- And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the earth.
- And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.
- Let not the Evil One hinder you: for he is to you an enemy avowed.
- When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me.
- "For Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him: this is a Straight Way."
- But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement: then woe to the wrong-doers, from the Penalty of a Grievous Day!
- Do they only wait for the Hour - that it should come on them all of a sudden, while they perceive not?
- Friends on that day will be foes, one to another,- except the Righteous.
- My devotees! no fear shall be on you that Day, nor shall ye grieve,-
- (Being) those who have believed in Our Signs and bowed (their wills to Ours) in Islam.
- Enter ye the Garden, ye and your wives, in (beauty and) rejoicing.
- To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire, all that their ayes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for eye).
- Such will be the Garden of which ye are made heirs for your (good) deeds (in life).
- Ye shall have therein abundance of fruit, from which ye shall have satisfaction.
- The sinners will be in the Punishment of Hell, to dwell therein (for aye):
- Nowise will the (Punishment) be lightened for them, and in despair will they be there overwhelmed.
- Nowise shall We be unjust to them: but it is they who have been unjust themselves.
- They will cry: "O Malik! would that thy Lord put an end to us!" He will say, "Nay, but ye shall abide!"
- Verily We have brought the Truth to you: but most of you have a hatred for Truth.
- What! have they settled some plan (among themselves)? But it is We Who settle things.
- Or do they think that We hear not their secrets and their private counsels? Indeed (We do), and Our messengers are by them, to record.
- Say: "If (Allah) Most Gracious had a son, I would be the first to worship."
- Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of the Throne (of Authority)! (He is free) from the things they attribute (to him)!
- So leave them to babble and play (with vanities) until they meet that Day of theirs, which they have been promised.
- It is He Who is Allah in heaven and Allah on earth; and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge.
- And blessed is He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all between them: with Him is the Knowledge of the Hour (of Judgment): and to Him shall ye be brought back.
- And those whom they invoke besides Allah have no power of intercession;- only he who bears witness to the Truth, and they know (him).
- If thou ask them, who created them, they will certainly say, Allah: How then are they deluded away (from the Truth)?
- (Allah has knowledge) of the (Prophet´s) cry, "O my Lord! Truly these are people who will not believe!"
- But turn away from them, and say "Peace!" But soon shall they know!
2. وَالْكِتَابِ الْمُبِينِ
3. إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
4. وَإِنَّهُ فِي أُمِّ الْكِتَابِ لَدَيْنَا لَعَلِيٌّ حَكِيمٌ
5. أَفَنَضْرِبُ عَنْكُمُ الذِّكْرَ صَفْحًا أَنْ كُنْتُمْ قَوْمًا مُسْرِفِينَ
6. وَكَمْ أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ نَبِيٍّ فِي الْأَوَّلِينَ
7. وَمَا يَأْتِيهِمْ مِنْ نَبِيٍّ إِلَّا كَانُوا بِهِ يَسْتَهْزِئُونَ
8. فَأَهْلَكْنَا أَشَدَّ مِنْهُمْ بَطْشًا وَمَضَىٰ مَثَلُ الْأَوَّلِينَ
9. وَلَئِنْ سَأَلْتَهُمْ مَنْ خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ لَيَقُولُنَّ خَلَقَهُنَّ الْعَزِيزُ الْعَلِيمُ
10. الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَرْضَ مَهْدًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ فِيهَا سُبُلًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ
11. وَالَّذِي نَزَّلَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً بِقَدَرٍ فَأَنْشَرْنَا بِهِ بَلْدَةً مَيْتًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ تُخْرَجُونَ
12. وَالَّذِي خَلَقَ الْأَزْوَاجَ كُلَّهَا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ مِنَ الْفُلْكِ وَالْأَنْعَامِ مَا تَرْكَبُونَ
13. لِتَسْتَوُوا عَلَىٰ ظُهُورِهِ ثُمَّ تَذْكُرُوا نِعْمَةَ رَبِّكُمْ إِذَا اسْتَوَيْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ وَتَقُولُوا سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَٰذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ
14. وَإِنَّا إِلَىٰ رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُونَ
15. وَجَعَلُوا لَهُ مِنْ عِبَادِهِ جُزْءًا ۚ إِنَّ الْإِنْسَانَ لَكَفُورٌ مُبِينٌ
16. أَمِ اتَّخَذَ مِمَّا يَخْلُقُ بَنَاتٍ وَأَصْفَاكُمْ بِالْبَنِينَ
17. وَإِذَا بُشِّرَ أَحَدُهُمْ بِمَا ضَرَبَ لِلرَّحْمَٰنِ مَثَلًا ظَلَّ وَجْهُهُ مُسْوَدًّا وَهُوَ كَظِيمٌ
18. أَوَمَنْ يُنَشَّأُ فِي الْحِلْيَةِ وَهُوَ فِي الْخِصَامِ غَيْرُ مُبِينٍ
19. وَجَعَلُوا الْمَلَائِكَةَ الَّذِينَ هُمْ عِبَادُ الرَّحْمَٰنِ إِنَاثًا ۚ أَشَهِدُوا خَلْقَهُمْ ۚ سَتُكْتَبُ شَهَادَتُهُمْ وَيُسْأَلُونَ
20. وَقَالُوا لَوْ شَاءَ الرَّحْمَٰنُ مَا عَبَدْنَاهُمْ ۗ مَا لَهُمْ بِذَٰلِكَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ ۖ إِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَخْرُصُونَ
21. أَمْ آتَيْنَاهُمْ كِتَابًا مِنْ قَبْلِهِ فَهُمْ بِهِ مُسْتَمْسِكُونَ
22. بَلْ قَالُوا إِنَّا وَجَدْنَا آبَاءَنَا عَلَىٰ أُمَّةٍ وَإِنَّا عَلَىٰ آثَارِهِمْ مُهْتَدُونَ
23. وَكَذَٰلِكَ مَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ فِي قَرْيَةٍ مِنْ نَذِيرٍ إِلَّا قَالَ مُتْرَفُوهَا إِنَّا وَجَدْنَا آبَاءَنَا عَلَىٰ أُمَّةٍ وَإِنَّا عَلَىٰ آثَارِهِمْ مُقْتَدُونَ
24. قَالَ أَوَلَوْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِأَهْدَىٰ مِمَّا وَجَدْتُمْ عَلَيْهِ آبَاءَكُمْ ۖ قَالُوا إِنَّا بِمَا أُرْسِلْتُمْ بِهِ كَافِرُونَ
25. فَانْتَقَمْنَا مِنْهُمْ ۖ فَانْظُرْ كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الْمُكَذِّبِينَ
26. وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ لِأَبِيهِ وَقَوْمِهِ إِنَّنِي بَرَاءٌ مِمَّا تَعْبُدُونَ
27. إِلَّا الَّذِي فَطَرَنِي فَإِنَّهُ سَيَهْدِينِ
28. وَجَعَلَهَا كَلِمَةً بَاقِيَةً فِي عَقِبِهِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْجِعُونَ
29. بَلْ مَتَّعْتُ هَٰؤُلَاءِ وَآبَاءَهُمْ حَتَّىٰ جَاءَهُمُ الْحَقُّ وَرَسُولٌ مُبِينٌ
30. وَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمُ الْحَقُّ قَالُوا هَٰذَا سِحْرٌ وَإِنَّا بِهِ كَافِرُونَ
31. وَقَالُوا لَوْلَا نُزِّلَ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنُ عَلَىٰ رَجُلٍ مِنَ الْقَرْيَتَيْنِ عَظِيمٍ
32. أَهُمْ يَقْسِمُونَ رَحْمَتَ رَبِّكَ ۚ نَحْنُ قَسَمْنَا بَيْنَهُمْ مَعِيشَتَهُمْ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ۚ وَرَفَعْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ فَوْقَ بَعْضٍ دَرَجَاتٍ لِيَتَّخِذَ بَعْضُهُمْ بَعْضًا سُخْرِيًّا ۗ وَرَحْمَتُ رَبِّكَ خَيْرٌ مِمَّا يَجْمَعُونَ
33. وَلَوْلَا أَنْ يَكُونَ النَّاسُ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً لَجَعَلْنَا لِمَنْ يَكْفُرُ بِالرَّحْمَٰنِ لِبُيُوتِهِمْ سُقُفًا مِنْ فِضَّةٍ وَمَعَارِجَ عَلَيْهَا يَظْهَرُونَ
34. وَلِبُيُوتِهِمْ أَبْوَابًا وَسُرُرًا عَلَيْهَا يَتَّكِئُونَ
35. وَزُخْرُفًا ۚ وَإِنْ كُلُّ ذَٰلِكَ لَمَّا مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ۚ وَالْآخِرَةُ عِنْدَ رَبِّكَ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ
36. وَمَنْ يَعْشُ عَنْ ذِكْرِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ نُقَيِّضْ لَهُ شَيْطَانًا فَهُوَ لَهُ قَرِينٌ
37. وَإِنَّهُمْ لَيَصُدُّونَهُمْ عَنِ السَّبِيلِ وَيَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُمْ مُهْتَدُونَ
38. حَتَّىٰ إِذَا جَاءَنَا قَالَ يَا لَيْتَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكَ بُعْدَ الْمَشْرِقَيْنِ فَبِئْسَ الْقَرِينُ
39. وَلَنْ يَنْفَعَكُمُ الْيَوْمَ إِذْ ظَلَمْتُمْ أَنَّكُمْ فِي الْعَذَابِ مُشْتَرِكُونَ
40. أَفَأَنْتَ تُسْمِعُ الصُّمَّ أَوْ تَهْدِي الْعُمْيَ وَمَنْ كَانَ فِي ضَلَالٍ مُبِينٍ
41. فَإِمَّا نَذْهَبَنَّ بِكَ فَإِنَّا مِنْهُمْ مُنْتَقِمُونَ
42. أَوْ نُرِيَنَّكَ الَّذِي وَعَدْنَاهُمْ فَإِنَّا عَلَيْهِمْ مُقْتَدِرُونَ
43. فَاسْتَمْسِكْ بِالَّذِي أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ ۖ إِنَّكَ عَلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ
44. وَإِنَّهُ لَذِكْرٌ لَكَ وَلِقَوْمِكَ ۖ وَسَوْفَ تُسْأَلُونَ
45. وَاسْأَلْ مَنْ أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ مِنْ رُسُلِنَا أَجَعَلْنَا مِنْ دُونِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ آلِهَةً يُعْبَدُونَ
46. وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا مُوسَىٰ بِآيَاتِنَا إِلَىٰ فِرْعَوْنَ وَمَلَئِهِ فَقَالَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
47. فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ بِآيَاتِنَا إِذَا هُمْ مِنْهَا يَضْحَكُونَ
48. وَمَا نُرِيهِمْ مِنْ آيَةٍ إِلَّا هِيَ أَكْبَرُ مِنْ أُخْتِهَا ۖ وَأَخَذْنَاهُمْ بِالْعَذَابِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْجِعُونَ
49. وَقَالُوا يَا أَيُّهَ السَّاحِرُ ادْعُ لَنَا رَبَّكَ بِمَا عَهِدَ عِنْدَكَ إِنَّنَا لَمُهْتَدُونَ
50. فَلَمَّا كَشَفْنَا عَنْهُمُ الْعَذَابَ إِذَا هُمْ يَنْكُثُونَ
51. وَنَادَىٰ فِرْعَوْنُ فِي قَوْمِهِ قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ أَلَيْسَ لِي مُلْكُ مِصْرَ وَهَٰذِهِ الْأَنْهَارُ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِي ۖ أَفَلَا تُبْصِرُونَ
52. أَمْ أَنَا خَيْرٌ مِنْ هَٰذَا الَّذِي هُوَ مَهِينٌ وَلَا يَكَادُ يُبِينُ
53. فَلَوْلَا أُلْقِيَ عَلَيْهِ أَسْوِرَةٌ مِنْ ذَهَبٍ أَوْ جَاءَ مَعَهُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ مُقْتَرِنِينَ
54. فَاسْتَخَفَّ قَوْمَهُ فَأَطَاعُوهُ ۚ إِنَّهُمْ كَانُوا قَوْمًا فَاسِقِينَ
55. فَلَمَّا آسَفُونَا انْتَقَمْنَا مِنْهُمْ فَأَغْرَقْنَاهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ
56. فَجَعَلْنَاهُمْ سَلَفًا وَمَثَلًا لِلْآخِرِينَ
57. وَلَمَّا ضُرِبَ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ مَثَلًا إِذَا قَوْمُكَ مِنْهُ يَصِدُّونَ
58. وَقَالُوا أَآلِهَتُنَا خَيْرٌ أَمْ هُوَ ۚ مَا ضَرَبُوهُ لَكَ إِلَّا جَدَلًا ۚ بَلْ هُمْ قَوْمٌ خَصِمُونَ
59. إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا عَبْدٌ أَنْعَمْنَا عَلَيْهِ وَجَعَلْنَاهُ مَثَلًا لِبَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ
60. وَلَوْ نَشَاءُ لَجَعَلْنَا مِنْكُمْ مَلَائِكَةً فِي الْأَرْضِ يَخْلُفُونَ
61. وَإِنَّهُ لَعِلْمٌ لِلسَّاعَةِ فَلَا تَمْتَرُنَّ بِهَا وَاتَّبِعُونِ ۚ هَٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُسْتَقِيمٌ
62. وَلَا يَصُدَّنَّكُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ ۖ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُبِينٌ
63. وَلَمَّا جَاءَ عِيسَىٰ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالَ قَدْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَلِأُبَيِّنَ لَكُمْ بَعْضَ الَّذِي تَخْتَلِفُونَ فِيهِ ۖ فَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُونِ
64. إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ رَبِّي وَرَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوهُ ۚ هَٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُسْتَقِيمٌ
65. فَاخْتَلَفَ الْأَحْزَابُ مِنْ بَيْنِهِمْ ۖ فَوَيْلٌ لِلَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا مِنْ عَذَابِ يَوْمٍ أَلِيمٍ
66. هَلْ يَنْظُرُونَ إِلَّا السَّاعَةَ أَنْ تَأْتِيَهُمْ بَغْتَةً وَهُمْ لَا يَشْعُرُونَ
67. الْأَخِلَّاءُ يَوْمَئِذٍ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ إِلَّا الْمُتَّقِينَ
68. يَا عِبَادِ لَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْكُمُ الْيَوْمَ وَلَا أَنْتُمْ تَحْزَنُونَ
69. الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِآيَاتِنَا وَكَانُوا مُسْلِمِينَ
70. ادْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ أَنْتُمْ وَأَزْوَاجُكُمْ تُحْبَرُونَ
71. يُطَافُ عَلَيْهِمْ بِصِحَافٍ مِنْ ذَهَبٍ وَأَكْوَابٍ ۖ وَفِيهَا مَا تَشْتَهِيهِ الْأَنْفُسُ وَتَلَذُّ الْأَعْيُنُ ۖ وَأَنْتُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ
72. وَتِلْكَ الْجَنَّةُ الَّتِي أُورِثْتُمُوهَا بِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
73. لَكُمْ فِيهَا فَاكِهَةٌ كَثِيرَةٌ مِنْهَا تَأْكُلُونَ
74. إِنَّ الْمُجْرِمِينَ فِي عَذَابِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدُونَ
75. لَا يُفَتَّرُ عَنْهُمْ وَهُمْ فِيهِ مُبْلِسُونَ
76. وَمَا ظَلَمْنَاهُمْ وَلَٰكِنْ كَانُوا هُمُ الظَّالِمِينَ
77. وَنَادَوْا يَا مَالِكُ لِيَقْضِ عَلَيْنَا رَبُّكَ ۖ قَالَ إِنَّكُمْ مَاكِثُونَ
78. لَقَدْ جِئْنَاكُمْ بِالْحَقِّ وَلَٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَكُمْ لِلْحَقِّ كَارِهُونَ
79. أَمْ أَبْرَمُوا أَمْرًا فَإِنَّا مُبْرِمُونَ
80. أَمْ يَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّا لَا نَسْمَعُ سِرَّهُمْ وَنَجْوَاهُمْ ۚ بَلَىٰ وَرُسُلُنَا لَدَيْهِمْ يَكْتُبُونَ
81. قُلْ إِنْ كَانَ لِلرَّحْمَٰنِ وَلَدٌ فَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْعَابِدِينَ
82. سُبْحَانَ رَبِّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ عَمَّا يَصِفُونَ
83. فَذَرْهُمْ يَخُوضُوا وَيَلْعَبُوا حَتَّىٰ يُلَاقُوا يَوْمَهُمُ الَّذِي يُوعَدُونَ
84. وَهُوَ الَّذِي فِي السَّمَاءِ إِلَٰهٌ وَفِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَٰهٌ ۚ وَهُوَ الْحَكِيمُ الْعَلِيمُ
85. وَتَبَارَكَ الَّذِي لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا وَعِنْدَهُ عِلْمُ السَّاعَةِ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ
86. وَلَا يَمْلِكُ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِهِ الشَّفَاعَةَ إِلَّا مَنْ شَهِدَ بِالْحَقِّ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
87. وَلَئِنْ سَأَلْتَهُمْ مَنْ خَلَقَهُمْ لَيَقُولُنَّ اللَّهُ ۖ فَأَنَّىٰ يُؤْفَكُونَ
88. وَقِيلِهِ يَا رَبِّ إِنَّ هَٰؤُلَاءِ قَوْمٌ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ
89. فَاصْفَحْ عَنْهُمْ وَقُلْ سَلَامٌ ۚ فَسَوْفَ يَعْلَمُونَ
It is derived from the word zukhruf-an which occurs in verse 33 of this Surah.
Period of Revelation
It could not be known from any authentic tradition, but a study of its subject matter shows that this Surah also was sent down in the same period in which the Surahs Al-Mumin, As-Sajdah and Ash-Shura, were sent down. It appears that the revelation of this series of the Surahs began when the disbelievers of Makkah were planning to put an end to the Holy Prophet's life. Day and night they were holding consultations in their assemblies as how to eliminate him, and even an attack on his life also had been made as has been clearly referred to in vv. 79-80.
Theme and Topics
In this Surah a forceful and severe criticism has been made of the Quraish and the common Arabs creeds and superstitions of ignorance in which they persisted, and their stubbornness has been exposed in a firm and effective way, so that every member of the society, who was reasonable in some degree, should be made to consider the evils in which the community was involved and its tyrannical treatment of the person who was trying to redeem it.
The discourse starts in a way as if to say: "You, by means of your mischiefs, want that the revelation of this Book should be stopped, but Allah has never withheld the appointment of His Prophets and the revelation of His Books because of the mischief of the people, but has destroyed the wicked people, who obstructed the way of His guidance. The same He will do again. A little further in vv. 41-43 and 79-80 the same thing has been reiterated. Though the people who were plotting against his life are meant, the Holy Prophet has been addressed to the effect: "whether you remain alive or not, We will certainly punish the wicked," and the people themselves have been plainly warned to the effect: "If you have decided to take an action against Our Prophet, We too will take a decisive action."
Then, it has been told what is the reality of the religion that the people are following so devotedly and what are the arguments on whose strength they are resisting Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and Blessings).
They themselves admit that the Creator of the earth and heavens and of themselves and their deities is only Allah. They also know and admit that the blessings they are benefiting from, have been bestowed by Allah; yet they insist on making others associates of Allah in His Godhead.
They regard the servants as the children of Allah, and that too daughters, whom they regard as disgraceful for themselves.
They believe that the angels are goddesses; they have carved their images as females; they adorn them with female dresses and ornaments, and call them daughters of Allah: they worship them and invoke them for the fulfillment of their needs. How did they know that the angels were female?
When they are rebuked for these superstitions, they present the pretense of destiny and say :"Had Allah disapproved of these our practices, we could not have worshiped these images, whereas the means of finding out whether Allah had approved of something or not, are His Books and not those things which are happening in the world according to His Will. For under His Will not only idol worship but crimes like theft and adultery, robbery. murder, etc. also are being committed. Can this argument be used to justify as right and proper this commission of every crime and evil is the world?
When it is asked: Have you any other authority, apart from this wrong argument, for the polytheism of yours? They reply, "The same has been the practice since the time of our forefathers." In other words, this in their opinion is a strong enough argument for a creed's being right and true, whereas the Prophet Abraham, descent from whom is the only basis of their pride and distinction, had rejected the religion of his elders and left his home, and he had discarded every such blind imitation of his forefathers, which did not have the support of any rational argument. Then, if these people had to follow their elders only, for this also they selected their most ignorant elders and abandoned their most illustrious elders like the Prophets Abraham and Ishmael (on whom be peace).
When they are asked: "Has ever a Prophet or a Book sent down by God also given this teaching that others beside Allah too are worthy of worship? they present this practice of the Christians as an argument that they took Jesus son of Mary as son of God and worshiped him; whereas the question was not this whether the community of a Prophet had committed shirk or not, but this whether a Prophet had himself taught shirk. Jesus son of Mary had never said that he was son of God and that the people should worship him. His own was the same teaching which every other Prophet had given "My Lord as well as your Lord is Allah: so worship Him alone."
They were disinclined to believe in the Prophethood of the Holy Prophet because he was neither a rich man nor a person of high worldly position and rank. They said "Had Allah willed to appoint a prophet among us, He would have appointed one of the great men of' our two cities (Makkah and Taif). On that very basis, Pharaoh also had looked down upon the Prophet Moses and said: "If Allah, the King of the heavens, had to send a messenger to me, the king of the earth, He would have sent him with bracelets of gold and a company of angels in attendance. Where from has this mendicant appeared I am superior to him, for the kingdom of Egypt belongs to me, and the canals of the River Nile are flowing under my control. What is the status of this man as against me? He has neither wealth nor authority."
Thus, after criticizing each practice of ignorance of the disbelievers and rejecting it with rational arguments, it has been pointed out: "Neither has God any offspring, nor are there separate gods of the earth and heavens, nor is there any intercessor who may be able to protect from His punishment those who adopt deviation knowingly. Allah is far above this that He should have children. He alone is the God of the whole Universe: all others are His servants and not associates in His attributes and powers, and only such men can intercede with Him, who are themselves followers of the Truth and they also can intercede only for those who may have adopted obedience of the Truth in the world."