50. Surah Qaf - The Letter Qaf (سورة ق)
Arabic Quran Recitation
English Quran Recitation
English and Arabic Quran Recitation
- Qaaaf; wal Qur aanil Majeed
- Bal 'ajibooo an jaa'ahum munzirum minhum faqaalal kaafiroona haazaa shai'un 'ajeeb
- 'A-izaa mitnaa wa kunnaa turaaban zaalika raj'um ba'eed
- Qad 'alimnaa maa tanqu-sul-ardu minhum wa 'indanaa Kitaabun Hafeez
- Bal kazzaboo bilhaqqi lammaa jaaa'ahum fahum feee amrim mareej
- Afalam yanzurooo ilas samaaa'i fawqahum kaifa banainaahaa wa zaiyannaahaa wa maa lahaa min furooj
- Wal arda madadnaahaa wa alqainaa feehaa rawaasiya wa ambatnaa feehaa min kulli zawjim baheej
- Tabsiratanw wa zikraa likulli 'abdim muneeb
- Wa nazzalnaa minas samaaa'i maaa'am mubaarakan fa ambatnaa bihee jannaatinw wa habbal haseed
- Wannakhla baasiqaatil laha tal'un nadeed
- Rizqal lil'ibaad, wa ahyainaa bihee baldatam maitaa; kazaalikal khurooj
- Kazzabat qablahum qawmu Noohinw wa Ashaabur Rassi wa Samood
- Wa 'Aadunw wa Fir'awnu wikhwaanu loot
- Wa Ashaabul Aykati wa qawmu Tubba'; kullun kazzabar Rusula fahaqqa wa'eed
- Afa'a yeenaa bilkhalqil awwal; bal hum fee labsim min khalqin jadeed
- Wa laqad khalaqnal insaana wa na'lamu maa tuwaswisu bihee nafsuhoo wa Nahnu aqrabu ilaihi min hablil wareed
- 'Iz yatalaqqal mutalaqqi yaani 'anil yameeni wa 'anish shimaali qa'eed
- Maa yalfizu min qawlin illaa ladaihi raqeebun 'ateed
- Wa jaaa'at sakratul mawti bilhaqq; zaalika maa kunta minhu taheed
- Wa nufikha fis Soor; zaalika yawmul wa'eed
- Wa jaaa'at kullu nafsim ma'ahaa saaa'iqunw wa shaheed
- Laqad kunta fee ghaf latim min haazaa fakashafnaa 'anka ghitaaa'aka fabasarukal yawma hadeed
- Wa qaala qareenuhoo haazaa maa ladaiya 'ateed
- Alqiyaa fee Jahannama kulla kaffaarin 'aneed
- Mannaa'il lilkhayri mu'tadim mureeb
- Allazee ja'ala ma'al laahi ilaahan aakhara fa alqiyaahu fil'azaabish shadeed
- Qaala qareenuhoo Rabbanaa maaa atghaituhoo wa laakin kaana fee dalaalin ba'eed
- Qaala laa takhtasimoo ladaayya wa qad qaddamtu ilaikum bilwa'eed
- Maa yubaddalul qawlu ladaiya wa maaa ana bizal laamil lil'abeed
- Yawma naqoolu li'jahannama halim talaati wa taqoolu hal mim mazeed
- Wa uzlifatil jannatu lil muttaqeena ghaira ba'eed
- Haaza maa too'adoona likulli awwaabin hafeez
- Man khashiyar Rahmaana bilghaibi wa jaaa'a biqalbim muneeb
- Udkhuloohaa bisalaamin zaalika yawmul khulood
- Lahum maa yashaaa'oona feehaa wa ladainaa mazeed
- Wa kam ahlaknaa qablahum min qarnin hum ashaddu minhum batshan fanaqqaboo fil bilaad, hal mim mahees
- Inna fee zaalika lazikraa liman kaana lahoo qalbun aw alqas sam'a wa huwa shaheed
- Wa laqad khalaqnas samaawaati wal arda wa maa bainahumaa fee sittati ayyaamin wa maa massanaa mil lughoob
- Fasbir 'alaa maa yaqooloona wa sabbih bihamdi Rabbika qabla tuloo'ish shamsi wa qablal ghuroob
- Wa minal laili fasabbih hu wa adbaaras sujood
- Wastami' yawma yunaa dil munaadi mim makaanin qareeb
- Yawma yasmaoonas sai hata bilhaqq zaalika yawmul khurooj
- Innaa Nahnu nuhyee wa numeetu wa ilainal maseer
- Yawma tashaqqaqul ardu 'anhum siraa'aa; zaalika hashrun 'alainaa yaseer
- Nahnu a'lamu bimaa yaqooloona wa maaa anta 'alaihim bijabbaarin fazakkir bil quraani many yakhaafu wa'eed
- Qaf: By the Glorious Qur´an (Thou art Allah´s Messenger).
- But they wonder that there has come to them a Warner from among themselves. So the Unbelievers say: "This is a wonderful thing!
- "What! When we die and become dust, (shall we live again?) That is a (sort of) return far (from our understanding)."
- We already know how much of them the earth takes away: With Us is a record guarding (the full account).
- But they deny the Truth when it comes to them: so they are in a confused state.
- Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?
- And the earth- We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)-
- To be observed and commemorated by every devotee turning (to Allah).
- And We send down from the sky rain charted with blessing, and We produce therewith gardens and Grain for harvests;
- And tall (and stately) palm-trees, with shoots of fruit-stalks, piled one over another;-
- As sustenance for (Allah´s) Servants;- and We give (new) life therewith to land that is dead: Thus will be the Resurrection.
- Before them was denied (the Hereafter) by the People of Noah, the Companions of the Rass, the Thamud,
- The ´Ad, Pharaoh, the brethren of Lut,
- The Companions of the Wood, and the People of Tubba´; each one (of them) rejected the messengers, and My warning was duly fulfilled (in them).
- Were We then weary with the first Creation, that they should be in confused doubt about a new Creation?
- It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.
- Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.
- Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it).
- And the stupor of death will bring Truth (before his eyes): "This was the thing which thou wast trying to escape!"
- And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof Warning (had been given).
- And there will come forth every soul: with each will be an (angel) to drive, and an (angel) to bear witness.
- (It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"
- And his Companion will say: "Here is (his Record) ready with me!"
- (The sentence will be:) "Throw, throw into Hell every contumacious Rejecter (of Allah)!-
- "Who forbade what was good, transgressed all bounds, cast doubts and suspicions;
- "Who set up another god beside Allah: Throw him into a severe penalty."
- His Companion will say: "Our Lord! I did not make him transgress, but he was (himself) far astray."
- He will say: "Dispute not with each other in My Presence: I had already in advance sent you Warning.
- "The Word changes not before Me, and I do not the least injustice to My Servants."
- One Day We will ask Hell, "Art thou filled to the full?" It will say, "Are there any more (to come)?"
- And the Garden will be brought nigh to the Righteous,- no more a thing distant.
- (A voice will say:) "This is what was promised for you,- for every one who turned (to Allah) in sincere repentance, who kept (His Law),
- "Who feared (Allah) Most Gracious Unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him):
- "Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a Day of Eternal Life!"
- There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence.
- But how many generations before them did We destroy (for their sins),- stronger in power than they? Then did they wander through the land: was there any place of escape (for them)?
- Verily in this is a Message for any that has a heart and understanding or who gives ear and earnestly witnesses (the truth).
- We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us.
- Bear, then, with patience, all that they say, and celebrate the praises of thy Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting.
- And during part of the night, (also,) celebrate His praises, and (so likewise) after the postures of adoration.
- And listen for the Day when the Caller will call out from a place quiet near,-
- The Day when they will hear a (mighty) Blast in (very) truth: that will be the Day of Resurrection.
- Verily it is We Who give Life and Death; and to Us is the Final Goal-
- The Day when the Earth will be rent asunder, from (men) hurrying out: that will be a gathering together,- quite easy for Us.
- We know best what they say; and thou art not one to overawe them by force. So admonish with the Qur´an such as fear My Warning!
1. ق ۚ وَالْقُرْآنِ الْمَجِيدِ
2. بَلْ عَجِبُوا أَنْ جَاءَهُمْ مُنْذِرٌ مِنْهُمْ فَقَالَ الْكَافِرُونَ هَٰذَا شَيْءٌ عَجِيبٌ
3. أَإِذَا مِتْنَا وَكُنَّا تُرَابًا ۖ ذَٰلِكَ رَجْعٌ بَعِيدٌ
4. قَدْ عَلِمْنَا مَا تَنْقُصُ الْأَرْضُ مِنْهُمْ ۖ وَعِنْدَنَا كِتَابٌ حَفِيظٌ
5. بَلْ كَذَّبُوا بِالْحَقِّ لَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ فَهُمْ فِي أَمْرٍ مَرِيجٍ
6. أَفَلَمْ يَنْظُرُوا إِلَى السَّمَاءِ فَوْقَهُمْ كَيْفَ بَنَيْنَاهَا وَزَيَّنَّاهَا وَمَا لَهَا مِنْ فُرُوجٍ
7. وَالْأَرْضَ مَدَدْنَاهَا وَأَلْقَيْنَا فِيهَا رَوَاسِيَ وَأَنْبَتْنَا فِيهَا مِنْ كُلِّ زَوْجٍ بَهِيجٍ
8. تَبْصِرَةً وَذِكْرَىٰ لِكُلِّ عَبْدٍ مُنِيبٍ
9. وَنَزَّلْنَا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً مُبَارَكًا فَأَنْبَتْنَا بِهِ جَنَّاتٍ وَحَبَّ الْحَصِيدِ
10. وَالنَّخْلَ بَاسِقَاتٍ لَهَا طَلْعٌ نَضِيدٌ
11. رِزْقًا لِلْعِبَادِ ۖ وَأَحْيَيْنَا بِهِ بَلْدَةً مَيْتًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ الْخُرُوجُ
12. كَذَّبَتْ قَبْلَهُمْ قَوْمُ نُوحٍ وَأَصْحَابُ الرَّسِّ وَثَمُودُ
13. وَعَادٌ وَفِرْعَوْنُ وَإِخْوَانُ لُوطٍ
14. وَأَصْحَابُ الْأَيْكَةِ وَقَوْمُ تُبَّعٍ ۚ كُلٌّ كَذَّبَ الرُّسُلَ فَحَقَّ وَعِيدِ
15. أَفَعَيِينَا بِالْخَلْقِ الْأَوَّلِ ۚ بَلْ هُمْ فِي لَبْسٍ مِنْ خَلْقٍ جَدِيدٍ
16. وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ
17. إِذْ يَتَلَقَّى الْمُتَلَقِّيَانِ عَنِ الْيَمِينِ وَعَنِ الشِّمَالِ قَعِيدٌ
18. مَا يَلْفِظُ مِنْ قَوْلٍ إِلَّا لَدَيْهِ رَقِيبٌ عَتِيدٌ
19. وَجَاءَتْ سَكْرَةُ الْمَوْتِ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ مَا كُنْتَ مِنْهُ تَحِيدُ
20. وَنُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ الْوَعِيدِ
21. وَجَاءَتْ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَعَهَا سَائِقٌ وَشَهِيدٌ
22. لَقَدْ كُنْتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِنْ هَٰذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنْكَ غِطَاءَكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ
23. وَقَالَ قَرِينُهُ هَٰذَا مَا لَدَيَّ عَتِيدٌ
24. أَلْقِيَا فِي جَهَنَّمَ كُلَّ كَفَّارٍ عَنِيدٍ
25. مَنَّاعٍ لِلْخَيْرِ مُعْتَدٍ مُرِيبٍ
26. الَّذِي جَعَلَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَٰهًا آخَرَ فَأَلْقِيَاهُ فِي الْعَذَابِ الشَّدِيدِ
27. قَالَ قَرِينُهُ رَبَّنَا مَا أَطْغَيْتُهُ وَلَٰكِنْ كَانَ فِي ضَلَالٍ بَعِيدٍ
28. قَالَ لَا تَخْتَصِمُوا لَدَيَّ وَقَدْ قَدَّمْتُ إِلَيْكُمْ بِالْوَعِيدِ
29. مَا يُبَدَّلُ الْقَوْلُ لَدَيَّ وَمَا أَنَا بِظَلَّامٍ لِلْعَبِيدِ
30. يَوْمَ نَقُولُ لِجَهَنَّمَ هَلِ امْتَلَأْتِ وَتَقُولُ هَلْ مِنْ مَزِيدٍ
31. وَأُزْلِفَتِ الْجَنَّةُ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ غَيْرَ بَعِيدٍ
32. هَٰذَا مَا تُوعَدُونَ لِكُلِّ أَوَّابٍ حَفِيظٍ
33. مَنْ خَشِيَ الرَّحْمَٰنَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَجَاءَ بِقَلْبٍ مُنِيبٍ
34. ادْخُلُوهَا بِسَلَامٍ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ الْخُلُودِ
35. لَهُمْ مَا يَشَاءُونَ فِيهَا وَلَدَيْنَا مَزِيدٌ
36. وَكَمْ أَهْلَكْنَا قَبْلَهُمْ مِنْ قَرْنٍ هُمْ أَشَدُّ مِنْهُمْ بَطْشًا فَنَقَّبُوا فِي الْبِلَادِ هَلْ مِنْ مَحِيصٍ
37. إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَذِكْرَىٰ لِمَنْ كَانَ لَهُ قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلْقَى السَّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيدٌ
38. وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ وَمَا مَسَّنَا مِنْ لُغُوبٍ
39. فَاصْبِرْ عَلَىٰ مَا يَقُولُونَ وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ قَبْلَ طُلُوعِ الشَّمْسِ وَقَبْلَ الْغُرُوبِ
40. وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَسَبِّحْهُ وَأَدْبَارَ السُّجُودِ
41. وَاسْتَمِعْ يَوْمَ يُنَادِ الْمُنَادِ مِنْ مَكَانٍ قَرِيبٍ
42. يَوْمَ يَسْمَعُونَ الصَّيْحَةَ بِالْحَقِّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ الْخُرُوجِ
43. إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي وَنُمِيتُ وَإِلَيْنَا الْمَصِيرُ
44. يَوْمَ تَشَقَّقُ الْأَرْضُ عَنْهُمْ سِرَاعًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ حَشْرٌ عَلَيْنَا يَسِيرٌ
45. نَحْنُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا يَقُولُونَ ۖ وَمَا أَنْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ بِجَبَّارٍ ۖ فَذَكِّرْ بِالْقُرْآنِ مَنْ يَخَافُ وَعِيدِ
The Surah derives its name from the initial letter Qaf, thereby implying that it is the Surah which opens with the alphabetic letter Qaf.
Period of Revelation
There is no authentic tradition to show as to when exactly this Surah was sent down. A study of the subject matter, however, reveals that its period of revelation is the second stage of the Holy Prophet's life at Makkah, which lasted from the third year of the Prophethood till the fifth year. We have given the characteristics of this period in the Introduction to the Sarah Al-An'am. In view of those characteristics it can be said that this Surah might have been sent down in about the 5th year, when the antagonism of the disbelievers had become quite intense but had not yet assumed tyrannical proportions.
Theme and Topics
Authentic traditions show that the Holy Prophet used to recite this Surah generally in the Prayer on the Eid days. A woman named Umm Hisham bin Harithah, who was a neighbor of the Holy Prophet, says that she was able to commit Surah Qaf to memory only because she often heard it from the Holy Prophet in the Friday sermons. According to some other traditions he often recited it in the Fajr Prayer. This makes it abundantly clear that this was an important Surah in the sight of the Holy Prophet. That is why he made sure that its contents reached as many people as possible over and over again.
This reason for this importance can be easily understood by a careful study of the Surah. The theme of the entire Surah is the Hereafter. When the Holy Prophet started preaching his message in Makkah what surprised the people most was the news that people would be resurrected after death, and they would have to render an account of their deeds. They said that that was impossible; human mind could not believe that that would happen. After all, how could it be possible that when the body had disintegrated into dust the scattered particles would be reassembled after hundreds of thousands of years to make up the same body once again and raised up as a living body, Allah in response sent down this discourse. In it, on the one hand, arguments have been given for the possibility and occurrence of the Hereafter in a brief way, in short sentences, and, on the other, the people have been warned, as if to say: "Whether you express wonder and surprise, or you regard it as something remote from reason, or deny it altogether, in any case it cannot change the truth. The absolute, un-alterable truth is that Allah knows the whereabouts of each and every particle of your body that has scattered away in the earth, and knows where and in what state it is. Allah's one signal is enough to make all the scattered particles gather together again and to make you rise up once again as you had been made in the first instance. Likewise, your this idea that you have been created and left free to yourselves in the world and that you have not been made answerable to anyone, is no more than a misunderstanding. The fact is that not only is Allah Himself directly aware of each act and word of yours, even of the ideas that pass in your mind, but His angels also are attached to each one of you, who are preserving the record of whatever you do and utter. When the time comes, you will come out of your graves at one call just as young shoots of vegetable sprout up from the earth on the first shower of the rain. Then this heedlessness which obstructs your vision will be removed and you will see with your own eyes all that you are denying today. At that time you will realize that you had not been created to be irresponsible in this world but accountable to all your deeds the meeting out of the rewards and punishments, the Hell and Heaven, which you regard as impossible and imaginary things, will at that time become visible realities for you in consequence of your enmity and opposition to the Truth you will be cast into the same Hell which you regard as remote from reason today and the ones who fear the Merciful God and return to the path of righteousness, will be admitted to the same Paradise at whose mention you now express wonder and surprise.