52. Surah At-Tur - The Mountain (سورة الطور)
Arabic Quran Recitation
English Quran Recitation
English and Arabic Quran Recitation
- Wa kitaabim mastoor
- Fee raqqim manshoor
- Wal baitil ma'moor
- Wassaqfil marfoo'
- Wal bahril masjoor
- Inna 'azaaba Rabbika lawaaqi'
- Maa lahoo min daafi'
- Yawma tamoorus samaaa'u mawraa
- Wa taseerul jibaalu sairaa
- Fawailuny yawma 'izil lil mukaazzibeen
- Allazeena hum fee khawdiny yal'aboon
- Yawma yuda'-'oona ilaa naari jahannama da'-'aa
- Haazihin naarul latee kuntum bihaa tukazziboon
- Afasihrun haazaaaa am antum laa tubsiroon
- Islawhaa fasbirooo aw laa tasbiroo sawaaa'un 'alaikum innamaa tujzawna maa kuntum ta'maloon
- Innal muttaqeena fee jannaatinw wa na'eem
- Faakiheena bimaaa aataahum rabbuhum wa waqaahum rabbuhum 'azaabal jaheem
- Kuloo washraboo haneee 'am bimaa kuntum ta'maloon
- Muttaki'eena 'alaa sururim masfoofatinw wa zawwaj naahum bihoorin 'een
- Wallazeena aamanoo wattaba'at hum zurriyyatuhum bieemaanin alhaqnaa bihim zurriyyatahum wa maaa alatnaahum min 'amalihim min shai'; kullum ri'im bimaa kasaba raheen
- Wa amdadnaahum bifaa kihatinw wa lahmim mimmaa yashtahoon
- Yatanaaza'oona feehaa kaasal laa laghwun feehaa wa laa taaseem
- Wa yatoofu 'alaihim ghilmaanul lahum ka annahum lu'lu'um maknoon
- Wa aqbala ba'duhum 'alaa ba'diny yatasaaa'aloon
- Qaalooo innaa kunnaa qablu feee ahlinaa mushfiqeen
- Famannnal laahu 'alainaa wa waqaanaa 'azaabas samoom
- Innaa kunnaa min qablu nad'oohu innahoo huwal barrur raheem
- Fazakkir famaaa anta bini'mati rabbika bikaahininw wa laa majnoon
- Am yaqooloona shaa'irun natarabbasu bihee raibal manoon
- Qul tarabbasoo fa innee ma'akum minal mutarabbiseen
- Am taamuruhum ahlaamuhum bihaazaaa am hum qawmun taaghoon
- Am yaqooloona taqawwalah; bal laa yu'minoon
- Falyaatoo bihadeesim misliheee in kaanoo saadiqeen
- Am khuliqoo min ghairi shai'in am humul khaaliqoon
- Am khalaqus samaawaati wal ard; bal laa yooqinoon
- Am'indahum khazaaa'inu rabbika am humul musaitiroon
- Am lahum sullamuny yastami'oona feehi falyaati mustami'uhum bisultaanim mubeen
- Am lahul banaatu wa lakumul banoon
- Am tas'aluhum ajran fahum mim maghramim musqaloon
- Am 'indahumul ghaibu fahum yaktuboon
- Am yureedoona kaidan fallazeena kafaroo humul makeedoon
- Am lahum ilaahun ghairul laa; subhaanal laahi 'ammaa yushrikoon
- Wa iny yaraw kisfam minas samaaa'i saaqitany yaqooloo sahaabum markoom
- Fazarhum hatta yulaaqoo yawmahumul lazee feehi yus'aqoon
- Yawma laa yughnee 'anhum kaidumhum shai'anw wa laa hum yunsaroon
- Wa inna lillazeena zalamoo 'azaaban doona zalika wa laakinna aksarahum laa ya'lamoon
- Wasbir lihukmi rabbika fa innaka bi-a'yuninaa wa sabbih bihamdi rabbika heena taqoom
- Wa minal laili fasabbihhu wa idbaaran nujoom
- By the Mount (of Revelation);
- By a Decree inscribed
- In a Scroll unfolded;
- By the much-frequented Fane;
- By the Canopy Raised High;
- And by the Ocean filled with Swell;-
- Verily, the Doom of thy Lord will indeed come to pass;-
- There is none can avert it;-
- On the Day when the firmament will be in dreadful commotion.
- And the mountains will fly hither and thither.
- Then woe that Day to those that treat (Truth) as Falsehood;-
- That play (and paddle) in shallow trifles.
- That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of Hell, irresistibly.
- "This:, it will be said, "Is the Fire,- which ye were wont to deny!
- "Is this then a fake, or is it ye that do not see?
- "Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye bear it with patience, or not: Ye but receive the recompense of your (own) deeds."
- As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and in Happiness,-
- Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them, and their Lord shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire.
- (To them will be said:) "Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because of your (good) deeds."
- They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them to Companions, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.
- And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith,- to them shall We join their families: Nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.
- And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat, anything they shall desire.
- They shall there exchange, one with another, a (loving) cup free of frivolity, free of all taint of ill.
- Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them, young male servants (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.
- They will advance to each other, engaging in mutual enquiry.
- They will say: "Aforetime, we were not without fear for the sake of our people.
- "But Allah has been good to us, and has delivered us from the Penalty of the Scorching Wind.
- "Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!"
- Therefore proclaim thou the praises (of thy Lord): for by the Grace of thy Lord, thou art no (vulgar) soothsayer, nor art thou one possessed.
- Or do they say:- "A Poet! we await for him some calamity (hatched) by Time!"
- Say thou: "Await ye!- I too will wait along with you!"
- Is it that their faculties of understanding urge them to this, or are they but a people transgressing beyond bounds?
- Or do they say, "He fabricated the (Message)"? Nay, they have no faith!
- Let them then produce a recital like unto it,- If (it be) they speak the truth!
- Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
- Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.
- Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them, or are they the managers (of affairs)?
- Or have they a ladder, by which they can (climb up to heaven and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such a) listener of theirs produce a manifest proof.
- Or has He only daughters and ye have sons?
- Or is it that thou dost ask for a reward, so that they are burdened with a load of debt?-
- Or that the Unseen in it their hands, and they write it down?
- Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those who defy Allah are themselves involved in a Plot!
- Or have they a god other than Allah? Exalted is Allah far above the things they associate with Him!
- Were they to see a piece of the sky falling (on them), they would (only) say: "Clouds gathered in heaps!"
- So leave them alone until they encounter that Day of theirs, wherein they shall (perforce) swoon (with terror),-
- The Day when their plotting will avail them nothing and no help shall be given them.
- And verily, for those who do wrong, there is another punishment besides this: But most of them understand not.
- Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of thy Lord the while thou standest forth,
- And for part of the night also praise thou Him,- and at the retreat of the stars!
2. وَكِتَابٍ مَسْطُورٍ
3. فِي رَقٍّ مَنْشُورٍ
4. وَالْبَيْتِ الْمَعْمُورِ
5. وَالسَّقْفِ الْمَرْفُوعِ
6. وَالْبَحْرِ الْمَسْجُورِ
7. إِنَّ عَذَابَ رَبِّكَ لَوَاقِعٌ
8. مَا لَهُ مِنْ دَافِعٍ
9. يَوْمَ تَمُورُ السَّمَاءُ مَوْرًا
10. وَتَسِيرُ الْجِبَالُ سَيْرًا
11. فَوَيْلٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ لِلْمُكَذِّبِينَ
12. الَّذِينَ هُمْ فِي خَوْضٍ يَلْعَبُونَ
13. يَوْمَ يُدَعُّونَ إِلَىٰ نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ دَعًّا
14. هَٰذِهِ النَّارُ الَّتِي كُنْتُمْ بِهَا تُكَذِّبُونَ
15. أَفَسِحْرٌ هَٰذَا أَمْ أَنْتُمْ لَا تُبْصِرُونَ
16. اصْلَوْهَا فَاصْبِرُوا أَوْ لَا تَصْبِرُوا سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ إِنَّمَا تُجْزَوْنَ مَا كُنْتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
17. إِنَّ الْمُتَّقِينَ فِي جَنَّاتٍ وَنَعِيمٍ
18. فَاكِهِينَ بِمَا آتَاهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ وَوَقَاهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ عَذَابَ الْجَحِيمِ
19. كُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا هَنِيئًا بِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
20. مُتَّكِئِينَ عَلَىٰ سُرُرٍ مَصْفُوفَةٍ ۖ وَزَوَّجْنَاهُمْ بِحُورٍ عِينٍ
21. وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَاتَّبَعَتْهُمْ ذُرِّيَّتُهُمْ بِإِيمَانٍ أَلْحَقْنَا بِهِمْ ذُرِّيَّتَهُمْ وَمَا أَلَتْنَاهُمْ مِنْ عَمَلِهِمْ مِنْ شَيْءٍ ۚ كُلُّ امْرِئٍ بِمَا كَسَبَ رَهِينٌ
22. وَأَمْدَدْنَاهُمْ بِفَاكِهَةٍ وَلَحْمٍ مِمَّا يَشْتَهُونَ
23. يَتَنَازَعُونَ فِيهَا كَأْسًا لَا لَغْوٌ فِيهَا وَلَا تَأْثِيمٌ
24. وَيَطُوفُ عَلَيْهِمْ غِلْمَانٌ لَهُمْ كَأَنَّهُمْ لُؤْلُؤٌ مَكْنُونٌ
25. وَأَقْبَلَ بَعْضُهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ يَتَسَاءَلُونَ
26. قَالُوا إِنَّا كُنَّا قَبْلُ فِي أَهْلِنَا مُشْفِقِينَ
27. فَمَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَيْنَا وَوَقَانَا عَذَابَ السَّمُومِ
28. إِنَّا كُنَّا مِنْ قَبْلُ نَدْعُوهُ ۖ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْبَرُّ الرَّحِيمُ
29. فَذَكِّرْ فَمَا أَنْتَ بِنِعْمَتِ رَبِّكَ بِكَاهِنٍ وَلَا مَجْنُونٍ
30. أَمْ يَقُولُونَ شَاعِرٌ نَتَرَبَّصُ بِهِ رَيْبَ الْمَنُونِ
31. قُلْ تَرَبَّصُوا فَإِنِّي مَعَكُمْ مِنَ الْمُتَرَبِّصِينَ
32. أَمْ تَأْمُرُهُمْ أَحْلَامُهُمْ بِهَٰذَا ۚ أَمْ هُمْ قَوْمٌ طَاغُونَ
33. أَمْ يَقُولُونَ تَقَوَّلَهُ ۚ بَلْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ
34. فَلْيَأْتُوا بِحَدِيثٍ مِثْلِهِ إِنْ كَانُوا صَادِقِينَ
35. أَمْ خُلِقُوا مِنْ غَيْرِ شَيْءٍ أَمْ هُمُ الْخَالِقُونَ
36. أَمْ خَلَقُوا السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ ۚ بَلْ لَا يُوقِنُونَ
37. أَمْ عِنْدَهُمْ خَزَائِنُ رَبِّكَ أَمْ هُمُ الْمُصَيْطِرُونَ
38. أَمْ لَهُمْ سُلَّمٌ يَسْتَمِعُونَ فِيهِ ۖ فَلْيَأْتِ مُسْتَمِعُهُمْ بِسُلْطَانٍ مُبِينٍ
39. أَمْ لَهُ الْبَنَاتُ وَلَكُمُ الْبَنُونَ
40. أَمْ تَسْأَلُهُمْ أَجْرًا فَهُمْ مِنْ مَغْرَمٍ مُثْقَلُونَ
41. أَمْ عِنْدَهُمُ الْغَيْبُ فَهُمْ يَكْتُبُونَ
42. أَمْ يُرِيدُونَ كَيْدًا ۖ فَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا هُمُ الْمَكِيدُونَ
43. أَمْ لَهُمْ إِلَٰهٌ غَيْرُ اللَّهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
44. وَإِنْ يَرَوْا كِسْفًا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ سَاقِطًا يَقُولُوا سَحَابٌ مَرْكُومٌ
45. فَذَرْهُمْ حَتَّىٰ يُلَاقُوا يَوْمَهُمُ الَّذِي فِيهِ يُصْعَقُونَ
46. يَوْمَ لَا يُغْنِي عَنْهُمْ كَيْدُهُمْ شَيْئًا وَلَا هُمْ يُنْصَرُونَ
47. وَإِنَّ لِلَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا عَذَابًا دُونَ ذَٰلِكَ وَلَٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَهُمْ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
48. وَاصْبِرْ لِحُكْمِ رَبِّكَ فَإِنَّكَ بِأَعْيُنِنَا ۖ وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ حِينَ تَقُومُ
49. وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَسَبِّحْهُ وَإِدْبَارَ النُّجُومِ
It is derived from the very first cord "Wat Tur-i."
Period of Revelation
From the internal evidence of the subject matter it appears that this Surah too was revealed in the same stage of the Holy Prophet's life at Makkah in which the Surah Adh-Dhariyat was revealed. While going through it one can clearly feel that during the period of its revelation the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was being showered with objections and accusations but there is no evidence yet to show that severe persecution of the Muslims had started.
Subject Matter and Topics
The subject matter of its first section (vv. 1-28) is the Hereafter. As arguments for its possibility, necessity and occurrence had already been given in Surah Adh-Dhariyat, these have not been repeated here. However, swearing an oath by some realities and signs which testify to the Hereafter, it has been stated most emphatically that it will surely come to pass, and none has the power to prevent its occurrence. Then, it has been stated as to what will be the fate of those who deny it when it actually occurs, and how will those who believe in it and adopt the way of piety and righteousness accordingly, be blessed by Allah.
Then, in the second section (vv. 29-49) the Quraish chiefs' attitude towards the message of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah he upon him) has been criticized. They called him a sorcerer, a madman, or a poet, and would thus mislead the common people against him so that they should not pay any serious attention to the message he preached. They looked upon him as a calamity that had suddenly descended on them and would openly wish that he met with a disaster so that they were rid of him. They accused him of fabricating the Qur'an by himself and of presenting it in the name of Allah, and this was, God forbid, a fraud that he was practicing. They would often taunt him, saying that God could not have appointed an ordinary man like him to the office of Prophethood. They expressed great disgust at his invitation and message and would avoid him as if he was asking them for a reward for it. They would sit and take counsels together to devise schemes in order to put an end to his mission. And while they did all this they never realized what creeds of ignorance they were involved in and how selflessly and sincerely was Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) exerting himself to deliver them from their error. While criticizing them for this attitude and conduct, Allah has put them certain questions, one after the other, each of which is either an answer to some objection of theirs, or a criticism of some error. Then, it has been said that it would absolutely be of no avail to show them a miracle in order to convince them of his Prophethood, for they were such stubborn people as would misinterpret anything they were shown only to avoid affirming the faith.
In the beginning of this section as well as in its end, the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) has been given the instruction that he should persistently continue giving his invitation and preaching his message in spite of the accusations and objections of his opponents and enemies, and should endure their resistance patiently till Allah's judgment comes to pass. Besides, he has been consoled, as if to say "Your Lord has not left you alone to face your enemies, after raising you as a Prophet, but He is constantly watching over you. Therefore, endure every hardship patiently till the Hour of His judgment comes, and seek through praising and glorifying your Lord the power that is required for exerting in the cause of Allah under such conditions.