71. Surah Nuh - Prophet Noah (سورة نوح)
Arabic Quran Recitation
English Quran Recitation
English and Arabic Quran Recitation
- Innaaa arsalnaa Noohan ilaa qawmihee an anzir qawmaka min qabli any yaatiyahum 'azaabun aleem
- Qaala yaa qawmi innee lakum nazeerum mubeen
- Ani'-budul laaha watta qoohu wa atee'oon
- Yaghfir lakum min zunoobikum wa yu'akhkhirkum ilaaa ajalim musammaa; innaa ajalal laahi izaa jaaa'a laa yu'akhkhar; law kuntum ta'lamoon
- Qaala rabbi innee da'awtu qawmee lailanw wa naharaa
- Falam yazid hum du'aaa 'eee illaa firaaraa
- Wa inee kullamaa da'awtuhum litaghfira lahum ja'alooo asaabi'ahum fee aazaanihim wastaghshaw siyaabahum wa asaarroo wastakbarus tikbaaraa
- Summa innee da'aw tuhum jihaara
- Summaa inneee a'lantu lahum wa asrartu lahum israaraa
- Faqultus taghfiroo Rabakum innahoo kaana Ghaffaaraa
- Yursilis samaaa'a 'alaikum midraaraa
- Wa yumdidkum bi am waalinw wa baneena wa yaj'al lakum Jannaatinw wa yaj'al lakum anhaaraa
- Maa lakum laa tarjoona lillaahi waqaaraa
- Wa qad khalaqakum at waaraa
- Alam taraw kaifa khalaqal laahu sab'a samaawaatin tibaaqaa
- Wa ja'alal qamara feehinna nooranw wa ja'alash shamsa siraajaa
- Wallaahu ambatakum minal ardi nabaataa
- Summa yu'eedukum feehaa wa ukhrijukum ikhraajaa
- Wallaahu ja'ala lakumul arda bisaataa
- Litaslukoo minhaa subulan fijaajaa
- Qaala Noohur Rabbi innahum 'asawnee wattaba'oo mal lam yazid hu maaluhoo wa waladuhooo illaa khasaara
- Wa makaroo makran kubbaaraa
- Wa qaaloo laa tazarunna aalihatakum wa laa tazarunna Waddanw wa laa Suwaa'anw wa laa Yaghoosa wa Ya'ooqa wa Nasraa
- Wa qad adalloo kasee ranw wa laa tazidiz zaalimeena illaa dalaalaa
- Mimmaa khateee' aatihim ughriqoo fa udkhiloo Naaran falam yajidoo lahum min doonil laahi ansaaraa
- Wa qaala Noohur Rabbi laa tazar 'alal ardi minal kaafireena daiyaaraa
- Innaka in tazarhum yudil loo 'ibaadaka wa laa yalidooo illaa faajiran kaffaaraa
- Rabbigh fir lee wa liwaa lidaiya wa liman dakhala baitiya mu'minanw wa lil mu'mineena wal mu'minaati wa laa tazidiz zaalimeena illaa tabaaraa
- We sent Noah to his People (with the Command): "Do thou warn thy People before there comes to them a grievous Penalty."
- He said: "O my People! I am to you a Warner, clear and open:
- "That ye should worship Allah, fear Him and obey me:
- "So He may forgive you your sins and give you respite for a stated Term: for when the Term given by Allah is accomplished, it cannot be put forward: if ye only knew."
- He said: "O my Lord! I have called to my People night and day:
- "But my call only increases (their) flight (from the Right).
- "And every time I have called to them, that Thou mightest forgive them, they have (only) thrust their fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with their garments, grown obstinate, and given themselves up to arrogance.
- "So I have called to them aloud;
- "Further I have spoken to them in public and secretly in private,
- "Saying, ´Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is Oft-Forgiving;
- "´He will send rain to you in abundance;
- "´Give you increase in wealth and sons; and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers (of flowing water).
- "´What is the matter with you, that ye place not your hope for kindness and long-suffering in Allah,-
- "´Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse stages?
- "´See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,
- "´And made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (Glorious) Lamp?
- "´And Allah has produced you from the earth growing (gradually),
- "´And in the End He will return you into the (earth), and raise you forth (again at the Resurrection)?
- "´And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out),
- "´That ye may go about therein, in spacious roads.´"
- Noah said: "O my Lord! They have disobeyed me, but they follow (men) whose wealth and children give them no increase but only Loss.
- "And they have devised a tremendous Plot.
- "And they have said (to each other), ´Abandon not your gods: Abandon neither Wadd nor Suwa´, neither Yaguth nor Ya´uq, nor Nasr´;-
- "They have already misled many; and grant Thou no increase to the wrong-doers but in straying (from their mark)."
- Because of their sins they were drowned (in the flood), and were made to enter the Fire (of Punishment): and they found- in lieu of Allah- none to help them.
- And Noah, said: "O my Lord! Leave not of the Unbelievers, a single one on earth!
- "For, if Thou dost leave (any of) them, they will but mislead Thy devotees, and they will breed none but wicked ungrateful ones.
- "O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no increase but in perdition!"
1. إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَا نُوحًا إِلَىٰ قَوْمِهِ أَنْ أَنْذِرْ قَوْمَكَ مِنْ قَبْلِ أَنْ يَأْتِيَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ
2. قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ إِنِّي لَكُمْ نَذِيرٌ مُبِينٌ
3. أَنِ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ وَاتَّقُوهُ وَأَطِيعُونِ
4. يَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ مِنْ ذُنُوبِكُمْ وَيُؤَخِّرْكُمْ إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى ۚ إِنَّ أَجَلَ اللَّهِ إِذَا جَاءَ لَا يُؤَخَّرُ ۖ لَوْ كُنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
5. قَالَ رَبِّ إِنِّي دَعَوْتُ قَوْمِي لَيْلًا وَنَهَارًا
6. فَلَمْ يَزِدْهُمْ دُعَائِي إِلَّا فِرَارًا
7. وَإِنِّي كُلَّمَا دَعَوْتُهُمْ لِتَغْفِرَ لَهُمْ جَعَلُوا أَصَابِعَهُمْ فِي آذَانِهِمْ وَاسْتَغْشَوْا ثِيَابَهُمْ وَأَصَرُّوا وَاسْتَكْبَرُوا اسْتِكْبَارًا
8. ثُمَّ إِنِّي دَعَوْتُهُمْ جِهَارًا
9. ثُمَّ إِنِّي أَعْلَنْتُ لَهُمْ وَأَسْرَرْتُ لَهُمْ إِسْرَارًا
10. فَقُلْتُ اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّارًا
11. يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاءَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِدْرَارًا
12. وَيُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَيَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ وَيَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ أَنْهَارًا
13. مَا لَكُمْ لَا تَرْجُونَ لِلَّهِ وَقَارًا
14. وَقَدْ خَلَقَكُمْ أَطْوَارًا
15. أَلَمْ تَرَوْا كَيْفَ خَلَقَ اللَّهُ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ طِبَاقًا
16. وَجَعَلَ الْقَمَرَ فِيهِنَّ نُورًا وَجَعَلَ الشَّمْسَ سِرَاجًا
17. وَاللَّهُ أَنْبَتَكُمْ مِنَ الْأَرْضِ نَبَاتًا
18. ثُمَّ يُعِيدُكُمْ فِيهَا وَيُخْرِجُكُمْ إِخْرَاجًا
19. وَاللَّهُ جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَرْضَ بِسَاطًا
20. لِتَسْلُكُوا مِنْهَا سُبُلًا فِجَاجًا
21. قَالَ نُوحٌ رَبِّ إِنَّهُمْ عَصَوْنِي وَاتَّبَعُوا مَنْ لَمْ يَزِدْهُ مَالُهُ وَوَلَدُهُ إِلَّا خَسَارًا
22. وَمَكَرُوا مَكْرًا كُبَّارًا
23. وَقَالُوا لَا تَذَرُنَّ آلِهَتَكُمْ وَلَا تَذَرُنَّ وَدًّا وَلَا سُوَاعًا وَلَا يَغُوثَ وَيَعُوقَ وَنَسْرًا
24. وَقَدْ أَضَلُّوا كَثِيرًا ۖ وَلَا تَزِدِ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلَّا ضَلَالًا
25. مِمَّا خَطِيئَاتِهِمْ أُغْرِقُوا فَأُدْخِلُوا نَارًا فَلَمْ يَجِدُوا لَهُمْ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ أَنْصَارًا
26. وَقَالَ نُوحٌ رَبِّ لَا تَذَرْ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ دَيَّارًا
27. إِنَّكَ إِنْ تَذَرْهُمْ يُضِلُّوا عِبَادَكَ وَلَا يَلِدُوا إِلَّا فَاجِرًا كَفَّارًا
28. رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِمَنْ دَخَلَ بَيْتِيَ مُؤْمِنًا وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَلَا تَزِدِ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلَّا تَبَارًا
"Nuh" is the name of this Surah as well as the title of its subject matter, for in it, from beginning to the end, the story of the Prophet Noah has been related.
Period of Revelation
This also is one of the earliest Surahs to be revealed at Makkah, but the internal evidence of its subject matter shows that it was sent down in the period when opposition to the Holy Prophet's message of Islam by the disbelievers of Makkah had grown very strong and active.
Theme and Subject
In this surah the story of the Prophet Noah has not been related only for the sake of story telling, but its object is to warn the disbelievers of Makkah, so as to say:"You, O people of Makkah, are adopting towards Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and blessings) the same attitude as the people of the Prophet Noah had adopted towards him; if you do not change this attitude, you too would meet with the same end." This had not been said in so many words anywhere in the Surah, but in the background of the conditions under which this story was narrated to the people of Makkah, this subject itself became obvious.
Vv. 2-4 briefly explain how he began his mission and what he preached.
Then after suffering hardships and troubles in the way of preaching his mission for ages the report that he made to his Lord has been given in vv. 5-20. In it he states how he had been trying to bring his people to the right path and how his people had stubbornly opposed him.
After this, the Prophet Noah's final submission has been recorded in vv. 21-24, in which he prays to his Lord, saying: "These people have rejected my invitation: they are blindly following their chiefs, who have devised a tremendous plot of deceit and cunning. Time now has come when these people should be deprived of every grace to accept guidance." This was not an expression of impatience by the Prophet Noah, but when after having preached his message under extremely trying circumstances for centuries be became utterly disappointed with his people, he formed the opinion that no chance whatever was left of their coming to the right path. His this opinion fully conformed to Allah's own decision. Thus, in the next verse (25), it has been said: "The torment of Allah descended on those people because of their misdeeds."
In the concluding verse, the Prophet Noah's supplication that he made to his Lord, right at the time the torment descended, has been recorded. In it he prays for his own and for all the believers' forgiveness, and makes a submission to Allah to the effect: "Do not leave any of the disbelievers alive on the earth, for they have become utterly devoid of every good: they will not beget any but disbelieving and wicked descendants."
While studying this Surah one should keep in view the details of the Prophet Noah's story which have been given in the Qur'an above. For this see Al-Araf: 59-64 Yunus: 71,73, Hud: 25-49, Al-Mu'minun: 23-31, Ash- Shua'ra: 105-122, Al-Ankabut: 14,15, As-Saaffat: 75-82, Al-Qamar: 9-16.